Our service suite
- PCT national stage entry
- Direct filing
- Patent translations
- General FAQs
Foreign filing resources
E-kits, industry surveys, on-demand webinars and more.Explore
Foreign filing blog
Tips and best practices for foreign patent filing.Visit
If you have a granted European patent, you need to validate the patent in each European country where you seek patent protection. With inovia.com, you can validate your patent in up to 39 countries with just one instruction. As a result, you'll save both time and money.
Why use inovia.com for European validation?
- Increased productivity inovia.com allows you to run instant quotes and file into multiple countries with a single instruction.
- Save your (or your clients') money Cut costs by 20-50% when filing through the inovia agent network. We provide upfront, fixed and transparent pricing to make the budgeting process easier.
- Experience inovia quality Our foreign associate network is made up of world-class agents and meticulous translators.
Where inovia fits in the process
European validation overview
Once a notice of intention to grant (also referred to as a 71(3) notice) has been issued from the European Patent Office (EPO), a translation of the granted claims must be lodged and the required fees paid to the EPO. You should complete this step however you presently manage it. Typically, if you're the applicant you'll get your current European representative to do this.
Once these steps are complete, the European patent is granted. You can then use inovia.com to validate the patent in each of your chosen European countries.
Read more about the European validation process in our resources section.
How European validation with inovia works
- Calculate your filing costs Login to your inovia.com account and get a '1-click quote' based on your patent specification and chosen countries.
- Place your order Receive itemized invoices and pre-completed forms for applicants and inventors to sign.
- Sign and date your Powers of Attorney We review them to ensure they are correct before you send the originals.
- Pay our invoices We instruct our agents and you can then track and view your orders online.