Our service suite
- PCT national stage entry
- Direct filing
- Patent translations
- General FAQs
Foreign filing resources
E-kits, industry surveys, on-demand webinars and more.Explore
Foreign filing blog
Tips and best practices for foreign patent filing.Visit
inovia.com offers a streamlined approach to direct (Paris Convention) filing. Under the Paris Convention, you have 12-months after your priority date to file directly in the international countries where you would like protection.
Why use inovia.com for direct filing?
- Increased productivity inovia.com allows you to run instant quotes and file into multiple countries with a single instruction.
- Save your (or your clients') money Cut costs by 20-50% when filing through the inovia agent network. We provide upfront, fixed and transparent pricing to make the budgeting process easier.
- It's flexible You may choose to use inovia's agents, your own agents, or a combination.
- Experience inovia quality Our foreign associate network is made up of world-class agents and meticulous translators.
Where inovia fits in the process
Direct (Paris Convention) filing overview
After filing a priority application, applicants have up to 12 months to file directly into the foreign countries where they are seeking protection. The form and translation requirements differ from country to country, but it is important to note that extensions beyond the 12 month deadline are NOT available.
How direct filing with inovia works
- Calculate your filing costs Login to your inovia.com account and get a '1-click quote' based on your patent specification and chosen countries.
- Place your order Receive itemized invoices and pre-completed forms for applicants and inventors to sign.
- Sign and date your Powers of Attorney We review them to ensure they are correct before you send the originals.
- Pay our invoices We instruct our agents and you can then track and view your orders online.